CAUTION - this is a heads-up that this product is an experiment in the Valley of the Sun. We have heard of people being successful with blueberries and by following the directions below this will significantly increase your chances of success.
Check out this link on Dave Wilson's website for more detailed info - http://www.davewilson.com/home-gardens/growing-fru...
This is JUST the variety of Blueberries: Southmoon. These are specifically picked for the Phoenix area by our Dave Wilson rep Tom Spellman.
So here is what you need to know about blueberries before you press the go button. They are experimental and you will need to grow them in a pot. Here are your directions:
- The soil in your pot needs to be:
- 1/3 peat
- 1/3 ground forest bark
- 1/3 of a porous media - pearllite, pumice or sand
based potting soil
- Use a Humic Acid based fertilizer Tom
likes the product called Gro Power Flower & Bloom 3-12-12. http://gropower.com/product_pages/flower_bloom.htm
- Feed your Blueberries every two months (Feb,
April, June, Aug, Oct).
- They need to be containerized in a large container
of at least 30 gallon capacity.
- Put all 3 varieties in 1 container.
- MUST be well drained and must kept acidic!
- Partial shade to most sun with shade in the mid
to late afternoon.